It’s the last weekend of the hottest food festival of the year. The Commons Street Feast has made its national debut in Canberra and it’s the last weekend you’ll find it at Commonwealth Park. Unfortunately they had to close due to the weather last night so this weekend is your last chance to get your foodie fix at The Commons. If you miss out on this celebration of street food and fun then you’re going to suffer from some serious food envy. Continue reading My must-try list for The Commons this weekend
If you’re a whisky lover than you won’t want to miss this masterclass hosted by Ainslie Cellars. Continue reading Whisky Masterclass
Get dressed up and warm up with a few martinis to celebrate Martini Day. TEDxCanberra and Canberra’s own The Martini Whisperer, Phillip Jones, are hosting a very special event to celebrate the martini in all its glory.
The event will be held at Hotel Hotel on Saturday 18 June. Yes that’s this weekend so grab your tickets fast! Continue reading Be Stirred, Not Shaken: Martini Day Partini
Food, food, glorious food. We all love it and we all indulge in it. Living in a country like Australia means that we are fortunate to have access to an abundance of food. But did you know:
- Approximately 8 to 10 billion dollars of food is wasted each year in commercial and residential waste. That’s around four million tonnes of food that ends up as landfill.
- Roughly one third of the food produced in the world for human consumption every year — approximately 1.3 billion tonnes — gets lost or wasted.
- Australians throw out one out of every five shopping bags, which equates to every Australian household throwing out $1,036 worth of groceries each year.
- Australia produces enough food to feed approx. 60 million people, yet two million people still rely on food relief every year
- Nearly one million Aussie kids go without breakfast or bed without dinner
*Food waste facts from OzHarvest