We all love our food and most of us are able to enjoy some amazing dishes and experiences. But there are many people who are aren’t as fortunate.
Every year I try and donate a little time or money to a not-for-profit organisation or a cause that means a lot to me. Continue reading Eat Canberra Food Drive for OzHarvest
Food, food, glorious food. We all love it and we all indulge in it. Living in a country like Australia means that we are fortunate to have access to an abundance of food. But did you know:
- Approximately 8 to 10 billion dollars of food is wasted each year in commercial and residential waste. That’s around four million tonnes of food that ends up as landfill.
- Roughly one third of the food produced in the world for human consumption every year — approximately 1.3 billion tonnes — gets lost or wasted.
- Australians throw out one out of every five shopping bags, which equates to every Australian household throwing out $1,036 worth of groceries each year.
- Australia produces enough food to feed approx. 60 million people, yet two million people still rely on food relief every year
- Nearly one million Aussie kids go without breakfast or bed without dinner
*Food waste facts from OzHarvest
Continue reading Culinary Trivia Night for OzHarvest