Did you indulge over the Christmas break? Of course you did, we all did! This simple, easy and healthy recipe for sushi bowls will help you get back on the healthy eating bandwagon. It’s also delicious!
TUNA SUSHI BOWL
1-2 cups of brown rice (or enough to feed however many people you are cooking for)
Large tin of tuna (drained)
1 x tbsp of tamari (or regular soy sauce if you don’t have tamari)
1 x tbsp of black vinegar
1/2 tsp grated ginger
Shallots for garnish
Chilli flakes, Shichimi Togarashi (Japanese seasoning), black sesame seeds or dried wakame strips, kewpie mayo for garnish.
- Cook rice according to make and make enough for however many people you are cooking for.
- Cook edamame according to packet and remove from the shells.
- Cut all salad ingredients in chunks.
- Mix tuna in a bowl with 1 tbsp kewpie mayo, add more if desired.
- Mix tamari, black vinegar, ginger and a few drops of sesame oil in a bowl for your dressing.
- Arrange all ingredients in a bowl, pour over dressing and top with garnish of your choice. ENJOY!
HOT TIP: Mix all ingredients together and wrap them in the lettuce leaf to eat!
Note: You could use chicken, salmon, tofu or any other protein to substitute the tuna. You can also use any fresh salad that you prefer.
This recipe is slightly altered from a recipe by Instagrammer @thebarekitchen_ Follow @thebarektichen_ for healthy recipe inspo. Disclaimer: Sara who runs The Bare Kitchen is the sister of Eat Canberra’s Founder and Editor, Amelia 🙂
Happiness really is the simple things in life. So we like to keep it simple in the kitchen and at home. Inspiring you with tasty easy recipes, home style inspo and some calm beach vibes.