Feeling a little sluggish after too much indulging? Whip up a few smoothies and pack them full of fresh fruits and vegetables. You’ll be feeling energised before you know it! Here’s the recipe for my delicious Banana Berry Blast Smoothie. Continue reading Banana Berry Blast Smoothie
This deliciously indulgent cheesecake is perfect for special occasions or a dinner party. It doesn’t require any baking and is quick and easy. I made this one at Easter so I added some Easter eggs and a bunny. Grated Toblerone or drizzled melted chocolate would do the trick and make it look pretty. I added whole caramello Easter eggs in the filling for the surprise but you could add anything! Pieces of rolo or oreos would be yummy.
If a sophisticated, intimate night out filled with delicious, flavoursome food and top service is what you’re after then, Lilotang is the place for you.
As soon as I heard about the opening of Lilotang knew it was going to be up there with some of Canberra’s best restaurants. But after spending two months overseas last year and a year filled with interstate travel, lots of working and a super busy year I still hadn’t made it there.
But this year Mr Eat Canberra took me to the Japanese fine-dining restaurant for my birthday and I’m pleased to say it was definitely worth the wait…. Continue reading A night at Lilotang
Food, food, glorious food. We all love it and we all indulge in it. Living in a country like Australia means that we are fortunate to have access to an abundance of food. But did you know:
- Approximately 8 to 10 billion dollars of food is wasted each year in commercial and residential waste. That’s around four million tonnes of food that ends up as landfill.
- Roughly one third of the food produced in the world for human consumption every year — approximately 1.3 billion tonnes — gets lost or wasted.
- Australians throw out one out of every five shopping bags, which equates to every Australian household throwing out $1,036 worth of groceries each year.
- Australia produces enough food to feed approx. 60 million people, yet two million people still rely on food relief every year
- Nearly one million Aussie kids go without breakfast or bed without dinner
*Food waste facts from OzHarvest
I love experimenting, making new things and using up what I have in the fridge and pantry. Dips are great to while up if you’re entertaining or if you’re looking for a healthy snack and I have a few recipes that are super easy and so delicious. Continue reading Homemade Hummus
Special occasions call for special cakes and we’re lucky enough to have some fabulously talented people and food establishments where you can buy amazing cakes from.
So we’ve done the research for you and put together a round up of places you can get your next cake for a birthday, baby shower, farewell, wedding or any celebration that calls for something spectacular.
Continue reading Canberra’s best cakes